Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Barbecuing Not Just a Man's Hobby (Hollister Free Lance)


Barbecuing Not Just a Man's Hobby (Hollister Free Lance)
When I started this column a few months ago, I had no idea it could become a vehicle for social change. It all started in a conversation, very simple and innocent, with a member of my family about grilling and barbecue.

Reds from the Antipodes (The Davis Enterprise)
Published Jan 16, 2006 - 14:27:28 CST. Wine tastings slow to a stop during the holidays, so wine writers are left on their own. I wasn't motivated to confect a Top Wines of 2005 list, so instead, I coerced my holiday guests into helping me drink a case of South American wines.

FDA Mulling OTC Sale of Fat Blocking Pill (AP via Yahoo! Finance)
A prescription diet drug that blocks the absorption of fat is "no magic pill" but will nevertheless help control calorie intake, the drug manufacturer said Monday as the Food and Drug Administration considered whether to approve the pill for over-the-counter sales.

Latest In Restaurants (Houston Press)
"A loaf of bread," the Walrus said, "Is what we chiefly need: Pepper and vinegar besides Are very good indeed-- Now if you're ready, Oysters dear, We can begin to feed."

No comments: