Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Crepe creation (Louisville Courier-Journal)


Crepe creation (Louisville Courier-Journal)
Although I am usually an adventurous cook, ready to dive in and try almost any new dish or ingredient or cooking technique, there have been a few dishes that have intimidated me. At the top of that relatively short list has been crepes.

No more fish eyes for this foodie (Detroit News)
W hen my dear friend and former colleague Ann Heller walks out the door of Ohio's Dayton Daily News for the last time Friday, she will leave behind an incredible 30-years as food editor and restaurant critic (first for the Dayton Journal Herald and then the News). Tough and fair, Annie, with her keen palate and sharp wit, taught me a lot about cooking and critiquing just by example. She and I

Hip pops (St. Petersburg Times)
It's hot. It's humid. And it's not going anywhere soon. Time to whipup a batch of sweet relief.

Apples give risotto an unusual touch (The Herald-Tribune)
My recipe of the month for July is this unusual risotto. I first tasted this sensational dish at Nine-Ten Restaurant in La Jolla, Calif. I immediately asked Jason Knibb, the restaurant's extremely talented chef, for the recipe so that I could share his memorable creation with my readers.

Top Secret RecipesAmerica's Most Wanted Recipes

Looking for ideas for dinner?

Get inside the hidden cookbooks of America's favorite restaurants.

The secret recipes for over 100 all-time favorite dishes have now been revealed in this best-selling new cookbook.

Prepare dishes you know they'll love and save money by easily making them at home.

Get 5 of these secret recipes for free just for visiting the site.

See the full list of secret recipes and 4 bonus cook books here.

No comments: